My goal is to publish all my course material with open licences so that everyone can use them. Sharing the material on the internet has several benefits:
- A Finnish proverb: "Jaettu ilo on kaksinkertainen ilo" which means "Shared joy is double the joy."
- Getting feedback and spotting mistakes and therefore improving the slides.
- A teacher who lectures a course on circuit analysis but has no time to prepare slides, can use my slides. And maybe when (s)he makes his own course material, (s)he remembers that it was nice that someone shared his material with an open licence and therefore (s)he will decide to do the same.
- When I share my material, I do have better motivation to produce better material. No one does want to share lousy material on the internet.
- When many teachers will share their material, they can compare and take good ideas from each other. Everyone wins.